Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Alpha Dog && the TRUE story behind it


Sooo... I came across this movie on television... again... and once again, I had to talk about it...

The movie "Alpha Dog"

Honestly... I had no idea what the movie was about when I first stumbled upon it last year...The only thing I knew was that Justin Timberlake was in it and that they gave him great reviews and it was a Sundance movie...

I've only watched it once... and just once... bc this movie is just soo sooooo sad!


So...

back to the story...

sometime last year, I came upon the movie and I started to watch bc, like I said, I didn't know anything about it, but both Justin Timberlake and the movie received great reviews, so I def had to watch it...so, I was watching for about 20 or 30 mins and since I still had NO CLUE what the movie was about I decided to hit info and read up on it... To make a long story short...I found out that this was based on a true story half way in to the movie and the ending...just

wow...

it just BAFFLES me...

This movie is about teen drug dealers (the leader of the posse is Johnny Truelove)who kidnaps the little brother(his name is Zach Marzurscky ) of a junkie (Jake Marzursky) who owes him $1,200...at first they didn’t think too much of it..but then Trulove starts panicking and getting aggrevated at the same time bc Jake isn’t paying off..so he contacts his lawyer to find out what are the possible charges for kidnapping someone...his lawyer lets him know the sentence wld be LIFE IN PRISON..in the meantime...Zach gets close to JT’s character and becomes very trusting...the ending killed me...

They end up killing Zach...and the sad part about it is that JT’s character kept telling him that everything is going to be ok, to trust him, he would never hurt him..and Zach w/tears in his eyes says "ok" and lets him duck tape him...they shot him 9 times....

The movie is so so so so soooo similar to the real events ! the boys name was actually Nick Markowitz,his brother’s name was Ben Markowitz and Johnny Truelove’s name is Jesse James Hollywood...he was 15 when he was murdered...this was back in 2000 so he would’ve been 24....

Jesse James Hollywood ran away and he was actually caught about 4 yrs later in Brazil teaching children English...

This story was just horrible...

I was so so so shocked while watching the scene where they killed Zach, the actor was so believable...he was so trusting and so loving and he really thought he was going to go home...he had tears in his eyes but stayed still while he was being tied up...and then the other guy (Not JT’s character..his character’s name was Frankie and the other guy was Elvis) freaked out and shot him 9x’s

All the guys were caught and finally Jesse James too back in 2005...

This story interested me so much that I did some research on it and I kept up with it for a while..

if anyone wants to know more here is the website for the movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0426883/

if that doesn’t work just go to IMDB.com and search Alpha Dog and watch the movie then you’ll know what i’m talking about

and to find out about the actual events go here:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/celebrity/jesse_james_hollywoo/1.html

and if that doesn’t work go to Crimelibrary.com

that’s a good website...

but yea...

I just HAD to write something about it...again...

This movie just completely shocked me and it seriously bought tears to my eyes.

it still makes me as sad today as it did last year when i first watched it.. unbelievable... GREAT acting..I definitely recommend it

No comments:

Post a Comment