Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Young Adults && Life

so....

I know this person who just told me something that really shocked me as much as it shocked her.

Let me start from the beginning...

so this person I know ( I'm not saying any names or letting you know if it's a co-worker or a friend just to protect her identity...) let's call her... Sarah... yea.. okay, so Sarah is 23 years old and she was a virgin until the age of 22.... which you know what... I think it's fabulous...

I , myself, waited a long time and when i finally did it, i did it with someone whom I thought was my prince Charming and whom I thought I was going to marry,... but obviously, it didn't work out that way, which whatever, i'm not too worried about it, or upset, it is what it is, and being with this person taught me a lot about life and he really made me stronger... but anyway, this isn't my story... this is Sarah's story...

so Sarah was always very careful on whom she had sex with... which is good, it's what you're supposed to do ... but she tells me today that she has Genital Herpes and she's extremely upset about it...

she feels as if she shouldn't be punished bc she waited so long and she was so careful, she just doesn't understand....

She really doesn't know how it happened... all she knows is that she's got it and she doesn't know from whom and she's only had sex with 3 ppl....

she's so depressed, which I would be too, but I just don't know how to help her...

I told her that it could be worse, but she doesn't want to hear that...

It really could be worse though... she could have caught something that would be life threatening but she didn't.

so... this is my thought...

If I had it, I would be devastated and depressed YES! but I think that I would try to get better, I would seek for help and I would seek for the comfort of my friends... with family it would be tough but I would try to seek comfort from friends...

I would try to read up on Genital Herpes and try to get more educated about it and see what I need to do in order to keep things under control....

and maybe, some time down the road, I would try to educate others on how to prevent STD's and share my story with them

Idk... it's easier said then done I'm sure....

what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment